Friday, September 26, 2008

Everyone has one; Opinions and...*

My first props go to Verizon whose smokin' fast FIOS allowed me to catch the last 10-15 minutes or so of the McCain-Obama debate on my computer. I never want to have another thing to do with Comcast so I have no television at all--well I have a television but no reason to turn it on. So...man, I'm torn. From what I saw, McCain handily won that debate for whatever that is worth. Obama is a gifted man, capable of stirring eloquence, but his inability to get to the point or just answer a question without a three page caveat--it's not comforting. I get the feeling watching that, the Presidency would chew him up and spit him out. The world may stop hating us as much but they wouldn't take us seriously. An independent voter, I have flipped and flopped this election. I was very disappointed in Obama's VP pick and felt it was pretty much over for me voting the Democratic ticket. However, as the shine has worn off the apple on McCain's VP pick, I so want to know what he was thinking. She gives a good speech but look any deeper and it's frankly terrifying. Palin could be smart and well versed in the ways of the world but she doing a good job keeping that light under a bushel. I do identify with Palin because I feel like she and I have about the same qualifications to be Vice President of the United States. I've got her beat on passport issuance and world travel and she's got me on being popular with boys. Still.

Where I live is Obama country just as it was Kerry country in 2004, though the state may have narrowly gone Republican in the last elelction. I have a half a mind to wear a McCain/Palin button (if I could find one anywhere) or put a sign up in my window just to see how many people would react. A female minority sporting Rethuglican flare! The scandal! The surprise gang beating!



*I'm not sure why I'm inferring curse words on a site peppered with f-bombs. I guess I just don't pull it off as well.

No comments: