Wednesday, September 24, 2008

OPEN LETTER TO CONGRESS

Dear Congress,

You're missing the point.

Now, granted, that may not be a new finding for you (at 12% in the approval rating category, I will, for the purposes of this letter, assume you have come to that conclusion on your own). The point to which I refer that you are missing is about energy. I know that this is a very open topic, as energy (force over distance) is very general. For months now, I have heard debating about wind, solar, geothermal, which one of you is "more green" and how your counterpart is "less green" or "doesn't care about the environment".

Here's the point you're missing: WE DON'T CARE EITHER!!

Well, we do care, but not for the same reasons. I don't want wind power to save the environment (nice by product, however). I want to get off OIL!!! OFF!! Why? Because we, as Americans, don't have any. And we have to play nice with dictators and people who have VERY CLEARLY EXPRESSED their desire to see us all dead. If I went down to the local grocery store, and the fella behind the counter said "Well...that'll be $5.37...you empirialist scumbag. Hey honey, here's that guy I was telling you about yesterday that I want to kill. Yeah..this guy, right here, him and his whole family. Ok, so out of $6, that'll be 63 cents change. Have a good one and I hope you burn in hell!" I'm thinking...maybe its just me, that I'm looking for a new grocery store, tuit suite! And if this guy was the only one around that made the thing that I needed, it wouldn't take me very long to start my long journey to find a new way of doing, whatever it was that I needed his thing for, all on my own.

And to really focus in on why you're at 12% is that we, as a collective, don't pull up to our local wind mill to fill up. IT'S GAS, IDIOTS!! GET US A NEW GAS!! That's what we see every day. That's the pain we feel every day. THAT'S THE THING YOU NEED TO FIX!! Not the god-damn carbon outputs. Where is my electric car? I've been paying $3+ for more than 3 years!!! If its some kind of plant life, then lets do that. If its electric, then lets do that.

But, and here's the key....DO SOMETHING!! And NOT wind, solar, geothermal, blah, blah blah. Estimates show that with a storng, government FUNDED ($billions!!) program we can increase our output with solar and wind by 20% in 10 years. WHO FUCKING CARES!! Lets say that is a direct coorelation to the price of gas...instead of $3.80 per gallon today...in ten years I can look forward to.... $3.04 per gallon. THANKS CONGRESS!! Why not just go home to your consitituants and take a big shit in their lawn! GAS YOU IDIOTS, GAS! Its what we see, its what we pay. An increase in the price of a barrell of oil by $20 can raise the price per gallon by as much as 40 cents. That impact on the price I pay for electric (you know, that thing that you seem hell bent on fixing for some reason known only to yourselves) is something near $0.0005/kWh. Meaning my electric bill goes up about $3.00/month. A 40 cent increase of the price at the pump equals an additional $6.00/FILLUP!! And since you assholes let the housing market run AMUCK, I couldn't afford a house near where I work, so I have to drive a lot to get to my job. Which do you think I give a shit about?

Stop bickering. Stop, seriously, stop. Drill, don't drill, don't care. Find an agency (there's plenty of them sucking the good taxpayer air right there in Washington), thinking, oh, I don't know, maybe the Department of ENERGY!! Find them, fund them, and tell them they have 3 years to come up with some new wonderful alternative to gas. I don't care what it is. And don't tell me we can't. DON'T tell me we can't, because we made the atom bomb in 4 years, we should be able to pull this off in a little less time. And yes, its THAT important.

Sincerely,

Common Sense

2 comments:

Terog said...

Clap, clap, clap, clap...well said, well done.

Terog said...

I went back to this today and just wanted to say that I really like this post